Frequently asked questions
What are individual eyelash extensions?
Semi-permanent eyelash extensions are synthetic lashes that are attached to your individual natural eyelash. and NEVER on your skin. Extensions enhance not only the curl, length but also the density of your lashes.
How long do they last?
If clients follow the aftercare instructions, eyelash extensions will last as long as the shedding cycle of your natural lashes. Exact timing varies, but most people’s eyelashes shed every 6-8 weeks (2-5 per day).
For every extension to fall off, it would take around 6 weeks but most clients come back every 2-3 weeks to keep them full & healthy.
Are they harmful to my natural eyelashes?
Not at all! Eyelash extensions are applied to your natural lashes one by one and will shed with the natural growth cycle of your own lashes. Natural eyelashes grow in and fall out within a cycle, every 6-8 weeks. When a natural lash matures and falls out, a new lash has already been growing and quickly replaces it. HOWEVER, there are some ways that can cause damage to your lashes:
1. If you are constantly rubbing or pulling at your lashes
2. Poor Hygiene – not cleansing or brushing the eyelashes daily can cause the product and dead skin build-up at the base of the lashes.
3. Through incorrect application from the lash artist – Please do your research before getting them done!
How to decide with which set type to go with?
As of the moment, we offer 4 different types of sets:
- 1 lash extension is glued to 1 natural lash. Classic lashes are perfect for clients who already have a lot of lashes, but want to add more length & curl. Classic lashes look more natural.
- Hybrid Lash Extensions are a combination of both Classic & Advanced Russian Volume Lash Techniques. We'll say these are "the middle of the road" for those who can't decide on which set is best. This will creates a fuller look than Classic.
- Multiple lashes are applied to one single natural eyelash individually using very thin lashes. Volume lashes are lighter, fluffier and give the client a fullest look. Best for a dramatic result.
- The show stopper. By utilizing multiple 0.03mm thin, lightweight lash extensions, an ultra-full fan is created and expertly applied to your natural eyelash. This will achieve the fullest and densest look.
What about style, curl & length?
Step 2 after your choice of set type (classic, hybrid, volume) is to decide style, curl & length.
Set type decides on the density of the extensions. You get to dictate everything else!
1. Cat eyes - that winged old-hollywood style look (longest at the end).
2. Doll eyes (Open-eyes) - opens up eyes that are more slanted, narrow, or hooded (longest in the middle).
3. Kitten eyes (Natural eyes) - middle of the road, the in between cat & doll looks (longest where your eyebrow arch is). **most popular
1. C curl - slight natural curl
2. CC curl - medium curl, best used for cat eyes **most popular
3. D curl - curliest
1. 8-11mm for noticeable but natural
2. 9-12 mm for natural - looks like your own lashes
3. 9- 13mm for longer than average - more drama
4. 9- 14+ mm - very dramatic
It does seem a lot but we promise we will be there to advise you along the way and give you our honest opinion on what suits you best based on your lifestyle.
I have high sensitivity to certain products and unsure of what to get, what should I do?
We offer a quick consultation & allergy patch test. At the appointment, you will be able to discuss & ask questions about any services you are interested in & one of our lash technicians could walk you over the process.
On top of that, we will apply 5-10 extensions to each eye using our regular or sensitive glue and send you on your way. You will be able to tell if you are senstitive to our products within 24 hours & we can proceed to make an appointment from there.
How do I prepare for my initial appointment?
Please arrive without any makeup, eye cream, or contacts on. Arrive 5 minutes earlier than your appointment time to fill out some necessary paperwork.
It is highly recommended that all clients should use the restroom beforehand due to the duration time of the full set.
What happens at my full set appointment?
Depending on which set you choose, the full set appointment can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours. At the initial full set appointment, our lash technician will walk you over the process of figuring what suits you best. Client then will get a chance to lay down & relax while the technician will start the application process. Feel free to bring headphones & SILENT your phone to ensure the peaceful process.
Many of our clients do doze off so get ready to take a nap!
What happens at my refill appointment?
Refill appointments are much shorter. It could range from 1 to 2 hours. At these appointments:
1. any overgrown extensions will be removed & replaced
2. new natural lashes will be lashed with new extensions
How often do I need to come back for refills?
Refills are recommended every 2-3 weeks to maintain fullness and to replace lashes that have shed. A refill after 4 weeks will be considered a full set.
I got my extensions done at a different salon. Can I come to Lash Posh to get a refill?
ABSOLUTELY! We fix & improve outside works on the daily basis. At the time of appointment, lash technician would be examining the outside work & would consider it as a refill if there is at least 40% of extensions left.
If it was poorly applied & no fixing is possible, we will reccomend removal and replace with a new full set. If this is the case, we will waive removal fee if you decide to go through with a new set.
What should I avoid after getting extensions put on?
Sparking a lighter too close to your extensions
Oil based products around the eye area
What are the aftercare instructions?
1. Avoid getting the lashes wet for the first 24 hours.
2. Avoid rubbing on your eyes or pulling on your extensions. This may cause your lashes to come out prematurely, and in extreme cases rubbing or pulling can cause permanent damage.
3. Avoid excess swimming, steam rooms and humidity. Too much moisture can break down the glue and shorten the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
4. Make sure to thoroughly cleanse the lashes using an oil-free makeup remover or cleanser, and brush daily to prevent product buildup.
5. Comb through lashes with a spoolie at least once a day to separate and dislodge loose lashes.
6. For side sleepers: The use of a contoured eye mask or a silk pillow, will aid in putting less pressure to the lashes while you sleep, which will help the retention of your extensions.
5. I reccomend for all clients who just hop out of the pool/ocean, finish working out, or even a crying sesh to rinse your extensions with water to prevent them from clumping & drying out by the salt residues.
Will I be able to wear eye makeup?
Many clients have reduce wearing eye makeup significantly after getting lashes done due to made-up enhancement that extensions give.
However, if you have to just make sure it’s water-soluble and oil-free, as makeup with oil can loosen the glue’s bond, causing the extension to separate from the natural lash and fall off prematurely.
Try to avoid using mascara on bottom lashes as much as possible or remove them extremely well after. The residues do tend get onto the top extensions which could cause build-up and extensions to fall out prematurely.
How do I remove eye makeup & keep them clean?
Please use a oil-free makeup remover (Neutrogena, Micellar Water) & a lint free cotton pad to remove makeup from eyelid.
Proceed to use an extensions-safe lash wash to rinse the extensions especially at the base to remove any remaining residues, dead skins or oil. Rinse with water thereafter.
Always blot your extensions & brush after cleaning (if you find extensions still wet you can dry them with a hairdryer at a distance on cool settings).